2.01.2010

The Who - 44 Years Before The Super Bowl


Small Faces
I found a used copy of the 'Early Faces' LP in 1984 and bought it because Kenney Jones was in The Who. They have been one of my favorite bands since then.
Their over looked masterpiece, 'Ogden's Nut Gone Flake' was the first CD I bought, a few years later.


The Kinks
'Something Else' is another record you should own.


The Who
Half of them will be playing the Super Bowl half time show, this weekend. I think they should play 'A Man in a Purple Dress' in place of the best-of-medley. That would be punk rock.
'Meaty, Beaty, Big & Bouncy' was my first record, it deserves a better CD release. It's a powerful collection of their first five years. I didn't hear another album like it until finding the U.S. version of the first Clash LP.

No comments:

Post a Comment