11.27.2012

Toys in the Attic

Some of my Dad's old models found up in the attic with some very cool vintage box artwork.

AMT '55 Chevy Nomad after reattaching the bumpers and hood scoop. I remember having this one in my room when I was a kid, built by Jim Earnhart in the mid-1970's.

Nomad  detail

AMT Warren Tope Mach 1 Mustang, repainted Ford Blue over the original gloss brown.
The incomplete engine was replaced with a Cobra motor from Revell's '55 Ford Panel truck. I finished the front and back ends of the car as well.


A Mustang funny car [Mach Won maybe?] in matching brown was also found in the Warren Tope box.


Also in the Nomad box, a lifted Datsun pick-up [brown, of course] with lots of tiny chrome parts that need to be reattached.

"Lunge Box", a '33 Willys Panel gasser, built by Jim Earnhart, 1970's.
Willy's Panel detail

No comments:

Post a Comment